The consumer characteristics of the American market are distinguished by quite wide opportunities and conditions for promoting goods and services thanks to the protection of intellectual rights and legal support of business. Therefore, many patents are registered in the USA for owners of new ideas and inventions. In addition, patenting in the states favorably differs in that it is possible to patent not only an invention, but also software, various business models, and more.
In addition, it is beneficial to conduct a patent search and register a patent in the states for the following reasons:
– it will protect your idea;
– you will be able to discourage potential competitors who will want to use the same idea as yours;
– you will be protected from infringement of your intellectual property and patent trolls;
– you will become competitive and attractive to investors;
– it will increase the financial value of your company.
Your patent protection can be provided by the following types:
– patent for invention, i.e. ownership of the device, composition, principle of operation, etc., issued for 20 years;
– design patent, issued for 14 years;
– variety patent protecting new varieties and species of plants, valid for 20 years.
In order to start a patent search, we need to receive the following information from you by e-mail email@example.com:
- Answer from your supplier whether there is a patent for the product and in which country the patent number can be obtained.
- Company name, trademarks (links, ASIN) of your competitors on Amazon with the status of “Patent Pending” or “Registered”.
- Keywords (in English) related to your product.
Remember that in order to register a patent, a product must be present on the market for no more than 1 year. Otherwise, there is a risk of loss of novelty.